返回列表 回復 發帖
本帖最後由 huit 於 2010-11-28 04:03 PM 編輯

I was HK-born, grew up in Syd, and have been clubbing since my uni days nearly 10 years ago, I gotta say I hardly ever had trouble getting into clubs in Syd, even The Ivy and the Establishment (they tend to let everyone in anyway, especially before 9pm, if you're respectably dressed)

I must say the excuses they've used for not letting us in was usually "sorry, club's full" or some other made-up bullshit, but they've never used racist names on us (yes we're a bunch of Asians too)

If you're a student there are lots of dance parties/club events that welcome Asians with open arms in Sydney (Martin Place Bar comes to mind) - so I'm actually VERY surprised they used racist names on you. Where are these bars you were talking about

Obviously I'm not condoning discrimination, especially when it's against people of my own ethnicity - but after years of clubbing I've learned a few things, the main thing is, bar/club operators work at creating an "environment" of "cool, stylish" people and look for people that look like they will fit in.

1. Don't dress like a bunch of fobs/dorks - door-bitches usually only let in people who dress well, that means no nerdy t-shirts and sneakers
2. All guys, no girls - forget about it.
3. Speaking loudly in a foreign language - obviously, you're not fitting into the club's environment, it's annoying too.

In a perfect world, there shouldn't be any racial discrimination, and the door bitches were wrong (I've never been called racist names at a bar before though) for the way they've treated you (perhaps they think you're easy target because you look like you're newly arrived?). But if you want to have a good time, you gotta play the game.

Oh and I can assure you it's not because of "妒忌" that they didn't let you in ;)

評分次數

• summei0529

返回列表