返回列表 回復 發帖

2009/2010 TVBNOW NBA "Yahoo" 經理人 又黎啦!!!!

本帖最後由 chemical 於 2009-10-26 11:46 PM 編輯

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/137683

有興趣/疑問 就留言啦
Looking for active players to join this exciting league

Head-To-Head League with standard scoring categories
Autopick draft
Draft finalised on Sat 24th Oct 2009 HKT
Please note our main discussion thread has been moved to the following URL:
http://os.tvboxnow.com/viewthread.php?tid=804980&page=1

大家盡情表達意見啦

評分次數

• sylk

• ~嘉~

• blueocean

• JackyNelson

本帖最後由 chemical 於 2009-9-27 01:02 AM 編輯

(forgot pushing post haha)
Hey fellows, how ya going?
Hello, newcomers, welcome.

Ok here's the BIG question, we have three kinds of game-play style to choose from, please discuss which one we will be playing this season, it's all up to you guys..

I am expecting us to come up with final decisions and have all the league settings fixed by early October. Thus we can turn our focus on the upcoming draft of which will be likely taken place around 20 Oct. The new season will tip-off on 27 Oct.

1. rotisserie [How does rotisserie scoring work?]
2. point-based [How does fantasy point scoring work?]
3. head-to-head [How does head-to-head scoring work?]
oh well try holding out the league details for filtering out potential inactive players........................
本帖最後由 chemical 於 2009-9-27 01:04 AM 編輯

we need to decide on the type of scoring first; and secondly scoring categories; and finally the draft date

1. rotisserie [How does rotisserie scoring work?]
2. point-based [How does fantasy point scoring work?]
3. head-to-head [How does head-to-head scoring work?]
head to head is hard to play, and you can cheat the system.
howie0805 發表於 2009-9-28 05:48
I woiuld say each system requires different strategy....but i would really love to hear more about cheating the system, what do you mean by that?
another suggestion i want to make is, we should have the draft right before the season start. cause the player can get injury right before the season start. if we start the draft now, then this is not ...
howie0805 發表於 2009-9-28 06:07
It makes perfect sense, and as i have mentioned few posts back, the draft will likely take place in mid-Oct, around one week ahead of the season tip-off.

評分次數

I prefer h-2-h as well, i believe it takes more than just doing well, or saying being luck, in the draft to win the season...but it's unrealistic to expect every managers staying active throughout the whole season, there were always inactives and we just can't get rid of them completely...

評分次數

i will go for the h-2-h unless i hear someone completely against it....For the league settings I believe I will deploy the yahoo's default one...any suggestions? I will finalise the settings by coming Sun and we can see what we may need to amend...and be prepared for the draft everyone, it will be held either 18 Oct or 25 Oct in the afternoon...
I have completed the change of the league settings, please discuss

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/137683/settings

We can still go for a live draft even part of managers would be unavailable to attend. It would, however, be disadvantageous to those who cannot make it.
Hey folks, please post your team name you will be playing in this league after registration, I pretty much sure we need to collect those for future uses such as prize allocation , thank you.

We have 3 type of draft to choose from, which one do you prefer?

For those who prefer "Live Draft", please also list which date and what time you prefer between 12 Oct and 25 Oct. From my past experience, in order to suit everyone in different timezone, HK Time Sunday afternoon around 2pm would be good choice.

-Live Online Draft
You will participate in a live online draft that may last several hours and requires a Flash-enabled browser. Test your system to see if it is draft compatible.

-Autopick Draft
We will draft teams for your league based on either our default rankings or individual manager's pre-draft player rankings. Once you set your league's draft status to Ready, your draft will happen within 72 hours.

-Offline Draft
Your league conducts its own player draft offline and submits the results via our draft results entry page, which can be reached from the Commissioner's Tools on your league overview page.

評分次數

As long as there are more than 8 teams it would be okay i guess...activity matters much more...

Our rosters will look like this if not changed: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, BN, BN
, is it fine for you?
I would say 25th of Oct HKT1200 (GMT +8) for live draft...
for autopick i will make it few days earlier so we will have little more time to review our own team and make the moves if anyone find necessary
I prefer rotisserie, setting of last year except more bench players (let's say 4 instead of 2?)
yufa2000 發表於 2009-9-29 09:26
Thanks for your opinion first of all, and sorry for the late response.

I actually do this to limit the available bench spots thus we mustseriously study every movement on our roster as we have limited spaceto make error. One's loss is another's gain. This is what the gamesmean (to me at least) and this might be the only thing we can "enjoy"when the season begins. If we took this element out of the game, iwould say our game would be finished after the draft.  Moreover, italso helps to enhance the waiver relevance which means more "gems"could be found for anyone who is willing to work hard during theseason. Therefore if we were to allow more bench spots we were doing itto reduce our fun. How do you think?

評分次數

• JackyNelson

you right,yufa.  if you have your pre-rank set and miss any part of the live draft, the system will consider your pre-rank first until it goes empty (your pre-ranked players are all taken), before the yahoo default ranking intervenes.
本帖最後由 chemical 於 2009-10-18 10:07 AM 編輯

Thanks for all your valuable opinions. i guess i will have to select autopick draft after all to ensure it's fairest for every participants, even it means little compromise of excitement to someone whom can make the possible live draft. As i have mentioned before, the draft will be done around a week ahead of the season tip-off. This is why i will change the draft status to "ready" next Wednesday night (21th Oct Hong Kong time). The draft will be happened and finalised within 72 hours (claimed by Yahoo). Hopefully, by next Saturday night (24th Oct HKT), our rosters will be set and we can start tuning our team. Therefore you will be required to set your pre-rank by Wednesday night 10pm (21th Oct HKT) if you find it necessary. Otherwise you will be drafted according to the Yahoo default ranking.

Sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused by this sudden announcement of the draft time. And thanks once again for joining this league and i hope you all have a wonderful and enjoyable season.

評分次數

Please note our main discussion thread has been moved to the following URL:
http://os.tvboxnow.com/viewthread.php?tid=804980&page=1
返回列表